Summer SOAR Program
Parents of 8th Grade Students:
North Chicago Community School District is pleased to offer a summer transition program for Neal Math and Science Academy 8th graders who will attend North Chicago High School (NCCHS) this fall. The Warhawk SOAR program will take place June 11 – 28, 2018. The program will feature math support, study skill development, college and career exploration, team building, and weekly field trips to Chicago area attractions including Great America.
SOAR students who successfully complete the math support portion of the program may qualify to take a higher level math course in the fall and receive .5 elective credit.
- SOAR will meet Monday through Thursday for three weeks.
- To qualify for the .5 elective credit, and to participate on field trips, students must maintain excellent attendance and behavior.
- SOAR is free of charge to currently enrolled NMSA students.
- Space is limited as a total of 50 students will be accepted.
- Registration will close June 1st.
Please call 847-775-1319 if you have any questions.